One of the most important things about the whole reading experience is being comfy cozy while you go on your adventure. So I’ve taken the liberty of sourcing out a bunch of chairs that would be perfect to settle down in for hours, just BYOB (Bring your own Book).
- This recliner from Restoration Hardware not only looks beautiful it also lets you kick back to really get your read on. Plus the overstuffed arms and back look like they’d be extra cushy.
2) If you’ve got the space the Nest Chair from Urban Barn looks like it would be the ultimate reading escape spot. You could get different decorative covers to switch things up and personalize it, toss in a blanket and basically live in this chair.
3) Ok this just looks like it would be so luxurious. Maybe it’s the velvet? Or the studding that follows the high arms enclosing the space? Whatever it is, I could certainly spend time in this chair. A structure suitable for a reading Queen (or King… I don’t discriminate here).
4) I’ll admit I was instantly drawn in to the chair because of the name. Chair and a half? MORE chair? ok! I love the idea of being able to curl up and not feel cramped.
5) The shape of this is so unique. It kind of reminds me of an egg-shaped chair but far more stylish and modern. Plus the legs – gorgeous. This looks like the perfect blend of style and comfort.
6) Could we really talk chairs without having at least 1 wingback? It’s iconic. And for good reason. What I like most about this is that it doesn’t feel like it’s stuck in the past. The relaxed shape and modern legs makes it a welcome choice for readers to sit in. I can see a stylish throw tossed over one of the arms easily.
7) I’m really loving the shape of the cushion on this. The way it comes out beyond the arms is conducive to curling up comfortably so your feet don’t dangle off the edge. Plus, velvet again. I’m seeing a trend here and I’m all for it.
8) Something about this chair speaks to me. I don’t know if it’s the Little Mermaid vibes it’s giving off or the blush colour or what. I could definitely see myself curling up in this chair with a good book.
9) I’m really really on the fence with this one. But I couldn’t NOT include it. Something about the Art Deco inspired design just grabbed onto me and wouldn’t let go. This feels like the kind of chair a restless reader would want. Sit up straight, lounge, slouch, throw your legs over the edge. Whatever you want to do, you can do it in style.
Do you have a favourite reading chair? Describe it in the comments below !